The goal of the District’s technical assistance programs is to support sound land use and management decision making. Our Municipal Assistance program focuses on providing practical, timely and consistent technical services to land use staff and commissions in our 26-town service area.
Services provided to municipalities include:
- Comprehensive site plan reviews of proposed residential, commercial, and industrial developments
- On-site environmental assessments focused on natural resources protection
- Soil erosion protection and sedimentation control assistance
- Stormwater management recommendations
- Nonpoint source pollution prevention and source control guidance
- Participation in Environmental Review Team (ERT) studies